Clinical Services Manager
The primary objective of the Clinical Services Manager position is to develop in-house and field-based clinical and technical training and support, from feasibility and clinical trials through commercialization.
This role will be responsible for training clinicians and patients in the use of pre- and post- market products; supporting introduction of and troubleshooting the Company's products in the field for both clinicians and patients; supporting clinical trials; and providing technical expertise in the clinical development of new products. The position will perform these duties and develop the necessary training materials in compliance with FDA regulations, Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), and the Company’s investigational and commercialization plans.
CUSTOMER / PATIENT / CLINICAL TRIAL SUPPORT
- Provide follow-up phone support and troubleshooting of Products for both clinicians and patients, including taking customer phone calls and in-person visits.
- Develop, implement, and manage product and system training for all commercial personnel. Identifying, strategizing and implementing ongoing training needs.
- Conduct patient and clinician training in-services during the clinical trials, and support development of these materials.
- Provides support and follow-up in hospitals and clinics, as specified in study protocols or through commercialization efforts.
- Provides support for clinical investigations at clinical centers.
- Receives and responds to technical product inquiries by telephone from clinicians or patients, researches solutions, and share quality improvement input internally.
- Regularly educates and updates physicians/clinicians and clinic follow-up staff on new product releases.
- Liaison between R&D and physicians to coordinate testing and feasibility studies – develop protocols and recruit centers.
- Facilitate submission of research for presentations and work with contacts and physicians to prepare scripts, slides, overheads, PowerPoint presentations and manuscripts.
- Generate training materials and product technical memos, and input to sales and marketing collateral.
- Builds professional and technical knowledge by engaging with customers, attending scientific conferences, educational workshops, delivering presentations and training to field personnel and reviewing professional publications, and representing the products at trade shows.
- Provide clinical information and expertise to Reimbursement team.
- Degree in physical therapy from accredited physical therapy program and 5+ years' experience working as a physical therapist in a clinical setting, or a combination of related education and experience.
- Licensed Physical Therapist (PT) with current credentials.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multi-disciplinary health care professionals and patients.
- Ability to instruct/coach others on use of products and clinical applications.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, while also able to manage multiple and changing priorities; comfortable in fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Proven presentation skills and success developing and facilitating training and transferring knowledge.
- Effective problem solving and trouble shooting skills with good business acumen.
- Flexibility to manage irregular travel schedule and customer calls.
- Ability to travel by car and plane up to 50% to meetings and clinical trials/customer sites throughout US.
- Prior experience working in medical device industry, and/or as technical representative, technology trainer or clinical trainer, and/or with a medical device company.
- Experience or specialist certification in neurology.
- Physical therapist clinical setting: 5 years (Required)
- Master's (Required)
License or certification:
- Physical Therapist (Required)