Balance ⇒ Mobility ⇒ Confidence
What are walkasins
Walkasins help improve your balance sense. They are a lower limb wearable sensory prosthesis that replaces lost foot pressure sensation needed for balance and mobility.
How walkasins work
Foot pads measure foot pressure, and gentle tactile cues (similar to cell phone vibrations) provide balance information around the leg.
Who are walkasins for
Peripheral Neuropathy (PN) patients who have a need to improve balance.
Compared to their peers, PN patients:
> Experience 15 times more fall related injuries
> Walk and react slower, and have impaired balance
> Are most likely unaware they have balance risks
What are the Benefits:
> Improves walking and balance after about 30 minutes of training
> Walkasins facilitate participation in balance exercises
> Walkasins may help regain confidence in balance and mobility
- User experience testimonial (Wingate University, Department of Physical Therapy)
- NYU at Buffalo evaluation - Pilot Study 
- Trauma Brain Injury patient
- 2014 Interview with Dr. Lars Oddsson, Walkasins
- 2016 MobCon Digital Health Conference - Dr. Lars Oddsson, RxFunction, Inc.