Posted: August 26, 2022
Job ID: JP -10003
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Job Posting Details:
Walkasins by RxFunction is an innovative and exciting new medical device for individuals struggling with balance and mobility due to sensory peripheral neuropathy. At RxFunction, we are passionate about enhancing our patients’ quality of life with Walkasins by restoring their balance and confidence in walking. We foster a culture of innovation and diversity and offer an environment where people can do their best work.
We strive to hire the best and brightest and offer a fast-paced, collaborative environment where team members are valued on every level and can make an impact.
RxFunction is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
As a Manufacturing Technician, this position will be responsible for supporting Manufacturing Operations objectives and activities by ensuring technical specifications and quality standards are consistently met. Manufacturing operations are mainly hand assembly of electromechanical medical devices and assemblies.
As a Manufacturing Technician, this position is responsible for and has authority that includes:
- Perform routine technical tasks working from detailed written or verbal instructions.
- Set up manufacturing equipment and production lines, as directed by management.
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time.
- Collect data and perform basic statistical analysis for process characterization and scrap reduction goals.
- Execute validation plans and compile data.
- Execute or arrange for routine scheduled preventative maintenance or repairs on production equipment.
- Assist in value stream analyses, continuous improvement, and Lean manufacturing projects.
- Train and provide technical support to assemblers.
- Document actions and results by completing production and quality forms.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
Other responsibilities include:
- Perform manufacturing operations, as assigned, using hand tools, small machines, fasteners, and adhesives to assemble parts.
- Perform a variety of other tasks as assigned or tasks as ownership projects as assigned.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to read and interpret manufacturing procedures, drawings, blueprints.
- Familiarity using basic hand tools, e.g., torque wrench, caliper, micrometer, ruler.
- Eyesight and manual dexterity needed to perform fine operations and adjustments.
- Basic computer skills, e.g., printing documents and updating MS Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience working effectively with teams within an organization.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience working in a regulated industry, e.g., medical, automotive, aerospace.
- Experience with value streams and continuous improvement and Lean manufacturing principles.
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to use a computer and communicate with others.
Apply For Manufacturing Technician